An exciting twist on chess where you sacrifice your pieces in order to make other pieces stronger, think carefully on which pieces you want to sacrifice.
The following is a concept game for the 9th Pirate Software Game Jam. For this game jam, I decided to go for a chess game with a twist based on the theme – Sacrifice is strength – where you can make pieces stronger by sacrificing others of the same or lower level, changing appearance with each level. The game’s palette only consists of black, white, and purple to fit in with the Art Restriction – 2 Bit Colors.
Sound Editing: Audacity
Graphical editor: Krita & Aseprite
Music Creation: Magix Music Maker
- You can only sacrifice a piece to one of a higher or the same level.
- If the sacrificed piece’s level is lower than the chosen piece the levels of the sacrificed piece will be added to the chosen piece;
- The King can’t be chosen to claim the sacrificed piece as he has no level.
- If a pawn gets promoted, it’ll transfer its added levels onto its promoted piece, for example: if a pawn has 2 added levels and promotes to a queen, it’ll have 8 base levels + 2 added levels, making it level 10 queen.
- Same rules as chess (For reference check: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_chess#Gameplay).
Sound to play when a chess piece moves or is placed
Sound to play when a piece is sacrificed
Custom Made in Music Maker
Piece Reference List
Move 1 in all directions
Can move over pieces of same color
Can move vertically 1 space
Can move horizontally 1 space
Can move twice
If 3 or more pieces have transformed
When checked switches places with the closest Rook
|Windows, Linux, HTML5
|Nuno "Omega Leo" Diogo
|Krita, Unity, Aseprite
|2D, Chess, Unity
|Creative Commons Attribution v4.0 International
|About a half-hour
|1 - 2
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.